Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Stop Motion Animation of Falling

So I decided to reach for the stars, having never done a single bit of stop motion animation in the past. I used my friend Jackson for reference. Mostly because I can niether run nor jump and my own pathetics for the purposes of this assignment were horrifically embarassing.

Sorry for the crappy video quality. It was nowhere like this
to use, but unfortunately my roommate won't get off Guild Wars 2
and this is the best version I could get loaded with the crap internet
speed.

I know I included a shot with me walking into the view, but as added proof of our longterm relationship, here is us last Halloween as Hawkeye and Captain America (I'm the one with the bow):

For the record, I explicitly told him not to hurt himself during filming.
Therefore his limp isn't my fault.
If it had been me running and jumping there would have been blood and bone visible.


He's an English major, not A/I, but that doesn't seem to hold him back too much.

For the tracking I followed both Jack and the sword seperately, shown here:



For the actual animating bit, well..... it was a real pain. I see why others finally went with very simple objects. Keeping the multi-jointed Batman figurine in line was next to impossible. Ultimately I reshot the entire move four times, but ran out of time just as I thought I might be getting the hang of this stop motion thing.

Ultimately this was the best of the lot:
 
 
 

In closing, to show you how seriously I took this whole thing, I had my roomie snap a picture of the setup I used to get this done. You'll note the Director's Hat, which is evidenced from all bonus features ever as being a director's key to success in all movies.
 
It should be noted that I am not tall at all, and standing on another chair, so in effect I built an entire second-tier story for my bedroom specifically for this challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment